If you're following me on Pinterest you'll know i've got a bit of an obsession with pinning photos and recipes of nice food. I've got a board full of chocolate recipes and I thought it was about time I made one! This recipe is for chocolate mousse and is so simple and uses hardly any ingredients or time!
Ingredients: 1 egg, 40g chocolate, 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
1. Break up your chocolate into a bowl. I used a combination of dark and milk but you can use all dark or all milk depending on how rich you want it to taste.
2. Separate your egg and place the white into a bowl.
3. Slowly melt the chocolate in the microwave. Then stir in a teaspoon of cocoa powder and once smooth, leave it until it is almost cool.
4. Whisk the egg whites until they are thick and glossy (as you would if you were making meringue).
5. Slowly fold the chocolate into the egg white being careful not to knock all the air out.
6. Spoon the mixture into ramekins - mine filled two small ones to around half full.
7. Add some grated chocolate or fruit to the top and place in the fridge for around two hours to set.
This recipe is so simple and easy to make and isn't full of cream or sugar like a lot of chocolate mousse recipes so you don't need to feel too guilty about eating it! Mine was really rich and was just as good as the GU ones you can buy in the supermarket and it's definitely something i'll be making again :)