One of the first things I made when I moved into my flat were these shortbread hearts. They're really simple and the recipe makes lots so they're perfect to share. I used this BBC recipe which uses just three ingredients and doesn't take too long either.
To make the biscuits you'll need:
2oz (55g) sugar, 4oz (125g) butter and 6oz (180g) plain flour.
1. Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
2. Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
3. Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste.
4. Roll out to around 1cm thick.
4. Cut into shapes and place onto a baking tray.
5. Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes and allow to cool.
7. Melt a bar of chocolate of your choice and drizzle it over the biscuits in patterns.