I tend to put an ingredient into the Pinterest search bar and see what comes up to give me a bit of inspiration when i'm cooking and that's what I did when I got the idea for these 'cauliflower fritters'. Although I didn't use a lot of cheese you can really taste it and i'm hoping to experiment a bit more and make a cauliflower crust pizza next.
Half a cauliflower
Half a broccoli
A handful of grated cheese
A couple of handfuls of spinach
- Using a food mixer blend half a cauliflower until it has a rice like texture. Then pour it into a bowl lined with paper towels and squeezed out the excess moisture.
- Next, blend the spinach and broccoli until it's a similar texture to the cauliflower.
- Combine the cauliflower, broccoli and spinach with the egg and grated cheese and give it a good mix.
- Grab a bun tray and put a couple of spoons of the mixture in each one and press them down firmly. Alternatively, you can use individual silicone cake cases for easier washing up.
- Bake them in the oven at 200°c for around 25 minutes until they are crisp on top.
- I served three with a chicken breast marinaded in BBQ sauce and a handful of steamed sugar snap peas. Perfect and really simple to make.