1. Last month I mentioned that 2016 was becoming more positive, and now i've got a start date I can finally say that i've got a new job. I don't start for another week so i'm enjoying a bit of time off but i'm looking forward to going back to working in healthcare. It's an area that I love and that i'm passionate about, I just need to get used to the long commute! Since graduating last year I've worked in marketing and PR agencies but it wasn't for me which I know is a controversial thing to say in the blogging industry so i'm planning a blog post to share what i've learnt too.
2. I started the month with a trip to the Parsonage Spa near York for my friends birthday. We had afternoon tea which included some amazing sweet treats including mini crème brulées, chocolate brownies and lots of scones with jam and clotted cream. The facilities were really nice as there was a steam room, sauna, aromatherapy room and lots more. To be honest I didn't really enjoy my treatment (a pedicure) but the rest of the day made up for it and it's always nice to spend a day relaxing!
3. This month i've been slaving away re-living dissertation hell helping a few of my friends with their uni work. Thankfully I didn't have to go to the library but it's definitely made me glad I don't have the responsibility of writing another 15,000 words - I think I ended up being just as relieved as they were to finally hand them in! I also entered Crumble into a pet competition in a newspaper, i'm not expecting her to win as you have to buy lots of newspapers to vote but it's always nice to see my photography in print!
4. Willie's Cacao chocolate has become one of my all time favourites recently. It's quite expensive but the flavour is so much better than cheaper brands and it's not too sweet either! I've tried the Sea Flakes and Milk flavours but i've already got my eye on the Gold range which sounds amazing! Another recently discovery are the individual Reece's Peanut Butter Cups which you can buy in a pack of five from Poundland. In the double packs I can never just eat one so these are perfect and mean I have no excuse to eat two!
5. ♫ I thought i'd finish this post with a few of the songs i've been loving in April: Raging - Kygo ft Kodaline, Catching Feelings - Sam Sure, I Wanna Know - Alesso ft Nico & Vinz, Break Over You - Draper ft Prides and I'm in Love - Kygo ft James Vincent McMorrow